Nature First is calling on the outdoor lovers to “take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints.”
The campaign encourages professional and recreational photographers to follow minimal impact practices and to shoot natural elements such as landscapes, wildlife, and plants with great care and responsibility. This is especially important for off-the-grid destinations like many spots in Colorado. Best known for its pristine landscape of mountain ranges, alpine lakes, native wildflowers, lush forests, and boundless geological wonders, Colorado is a haven for outdoor photographers.
For those who are eager to begin their journey from behind the camera, be sure you are following the 7 guiding principles of Nature First.
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles.
By making a few simple changes to your outdoor photography practices, you can help to protect and preserve the natural beauty and wonders of the world – for now, and for future generations to come.
Join the movement, inspire change, and help keep Colorado beautiful. For more details, visit naturefirstphotography.org.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More