Here are the seven deaths associated with the Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb:
1. Motorcycle racer Carlin Dunne, from Santa Barbara, Calif., crashed his 2019 Ducati Streetfighter V4 Prototype 20 yards before the finish line race day 2019. Read more here.
2. Motorcycle racer Carl Sorensen, a 39-year-old father of one from Centennial, went off a cliff during a final practice run along a 3-mile stretch before the summit on the Thursday leading up to the 2015 race. A motorcycle racer for about 10 years, Sorensen had been hired to race a Ducati in 2015.
3. Motorcycle racer Bobby Goodin, 54, succumbed to injuries after he wrecked his 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R moments after crossing the finish line on the summit in 2014.
4. Race official Henry J. Bresciani, 67, of Colorado Springs died in 2005 after he was struck by a car during practice.
5. Ralph Chandler Bruning Jr., 31, was killed in a 2001 practice when his Super Stock car went off the dirt road at 80 mph and struck a tree near a 20-foot embankment. The car landed on its top and part of the tree entered the car.
6. Motorcycle racer Bill Gross died in 1982 when he was hit by another motorcyclist after he fell from his bike. He died that day from injuries to his liver.
7. Driver Wallace Coleman died after he was injured during practice in 1921.