Hudson Gardens and Event Center is Denver’s little slice of garden heaven. The gardens, located in the heart of Littleton, offer a variety of recreational, leisure, and educational opportunities. The 30-acre site houses a variety of water and display gardens, picnic areas, nature walks through peaceful forests and wetlands, a miniature railroad, and much more. A variety of interpretative programs at the Welcome Center offer visitors an enriching experience in the garden’s myriad flora and fauna. Hudson Gardens, cultivated originally by the garden-loving landowners who lived on the property, opened officially to the public in 1996, and has since expanded significantly beyond its original five acres.
- The gardens are open year-round. Garden admission and onsite parking are always free.
- Stop by the Welcome Center and pick up a map of the gardens. Other activities, such as a birding guide with binoculars, and seasonal nature hunt guides, are available to borrow.
- Check out other educational opportunities available, including classes and lectures in gardening, beekeeping, yoga, and more.
- The gardens offer a variety of public events through the year, including a summer concert series that features big names in popular music, Brews and Views Beer Fest, the autumnal FestiFall, and A Hudson Christmas.
- Hudson Gardens and Event Center regularly hosts weddings and other private functions. Be advised that parts of the gardens may be closed during private events.
Recommended season(s): Year-round.
—Brett Green & Stewart M. Green