Famous musician Mike Posner was walking on a trail in Colorado during a trek across America when he was bitten by a baby rattlesnake earlier this week.
Mike Posner is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, music producer, and poet. He is best known for hit songs including “I Took a Pill in Ibiza” and “Please Don’t Go”.
According to Posner’s Twitter page, he was airlifted to the hospital and was able to get the anti-venom in time.
From 24 miles per day to using this walker to get to bathroom. I’m on my way back. Gonna rebuild with patience and equanimity. pic.twitter.com/I2HYPmMO7L
— mikeposner (@MikePosner) August 10, 2019
Posner says in a Facebook post he went from walking 24 miles a day to using a walker just to get to the bathroom. Despite being in the hospital for several days, he appears to be in high spirits and plans to continue his journey across America once he’s fully recovered.
Whatup doe!!! Crazy day yesterday! I had just crushed 16 miles and was going for 8 more when I got but by a baby rattlesnake! 🐍 That venom is no joke! I got to the hospital and got the anti-venom in time. pic.twitter.com/cZexlVNkFq
— mikeposner (@MikePosner) August 8, 2019
Hikers should be cautious of snakes lurking around on the trails in Colorado. If you or someone you know has been bitten, remain calm and seek immediate medical attention. Do not cut the bite open or try to remove the venom by any means. Here are a few extra tips from Colorado.gov on avoiding dangerous rattlesnake encounters.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More