More than 145 different lift-accessed ski areas have operated throughout the state since its establishment in the late 1800s. Today, the 26 resorts currently in operation include storied favorites such as Vail Ski Resort, Monarch Mountain Resort, and Beaver Creek Resort and Ski Area, home of the annual Birds of Prey World Cup ski races. The closed down areas are now most frequented by backcountry skiers and riders.
1. Ski Broadmoor – Colorado Springs, CO
2. Cuchara Mountain Resort – Cuchara, CO
3. Arapahoe East (Ski Golden) – Golden, CO
4. Conquistador – West Cliffe, CO
5. Idlewild – Winter Park, CO