Whether you’re looking for a crafty beer fest to enjoy or a family-friendly experience tucked away in the mountains, Colorado offers fun and adventure for all ages. Not only is Colorado full of unique and exciting summer festivities, but most of these events are free or very inexpensive. Here’s a look at a few of our favorite events happening in Colorado this weekend, May 31-June 2, 2019.
1. Salida — Ark Valley Pride Week: Designed to foster a strong sense of community while celebrating our individuality. May 30-June 2, Salida.
2. Pueblo — Parks & Rec Fest: With recreational, fitness and healthy living activities, entertainment, beer garden and more. May 31, Pueblo.
3. Fruita — Mike the Headless Chicken Festival: Dedicated to the amazing story of one chicken’s will to live. May 31-June 1, Fruita.
4. Lyons — Burning Can Brew Fest: More than 50 breweries. May 31-June 1, Lyons.
5. Franktown — Harmony Horse Expo: Tours, demonstration, workshops and more. May 31-June 1, Dumb Friends League Harmony Equine Center, Franktown.
6. Telluride — Telluride Balloon Festival: May 31-June 2, Town Park, Telluride.
7. Eagle — Eagle Outside Festival: Music, bikes, river sports, fishing, food and beer. May 31-June 2, Eagle.
8. Denver — Comic Con: Family-friends pop culture fan extravaganza. May 31-June 2, Colorado Convention Center, Denver.
9. Buena Vista — Campout for the Cause Festival: Music, hiking, yoga, hiking and camping. May 31-June 2, The Meadows, Buena Vista.
10. Colorado Springs — Cruisin’ the Gods: BBQ, music and car show. June 1, Bird Dog BBQ, Colorado Springs.
11. Manitou Springs — Manitou Springs Colorado Wine Festival: With 30 Colorado wineries, live music, vendors and more. June 1, Memorial Park, Manitou Springs.
12. Highlands Ranch — Beer Festival: Live music, local and national breweries and more. June 1, Civic Green Park, Highlands Ranch.
13. Northglenn — Derby Day: Healthy summer kickoff with a fishing derby, bike derby and more. June 1, E.B. Rains Jr. Memorial Park, Northglenn.
14. Dolores — River Festival: Music, vendors, food, river raft rides and more. June 1, Dolores.
15. Keenesburg — Into the Wild Running Festival: Runs, entertainment and more to benefit more than 450 lions, tigers, bears, wolves, and other rescued animals. June 1, Keenesburg.
16. Brighton — Summerfest: Entertainment, food, and activities. June 1, downtown Brighton.
17. Durango — Animas River Days: Whitewater slalom, kayak and inflatable rodeos and stand-up paddle board race. June 1, Durango.
18. Louisville — Taste of Louisville: Food, beer, vendors and more. June 1, Main Street, Louisville.
19. Buena Vista — Bike Fest: June 1, Buena Vista.
20. Johnstown — BBQ Day: Breakfast, football, parade, games, entertainment and more. June 1, Parish Park, Johnstown.
21. Berthoud — Berthoud Day: Music, vendors and more. June 1, Town Park, Berthoud.
22. Lakewood — 303 Cocktails: Cocktails, ciders, shopping music and food. June 1, Lakewood Heritage Center, Lakewood.
23. Arvada — Arvada Trails Day: Experience some of Arvada’s 150 miles of wonderful hiking, biking and horseback riding trails. June 1, Arvada.
24. Grand Lake — Plein Air Artists of Colorado National Show: Artists will participate in “paints out” in and around Grand Lake. June 1, Grand Lake.
25. Palisade — Western Colorado Vintage Motorcycle Show: More than 100 bikes. June 1, Third and Main streets, Palisade.
26. Denver — All Day I Dream Gathering: For establishing deep bonds with fellow free spirits, a safe space for self expression, and an all-around delightful treat for the senses. June 1, Sculpture Park at Performing Arts Complex, Denver.
27. Denver — Denver Chalk Art Festival: More than 200 professional and amateur artists with streets as their canvas. June 1-2, Larimer Street, downtown Denver.
28. Estes Park — Jazz Fest: Live music. June 1-2, Performance Park Amphitheater, Estes Park.
29. Westcliffe — Rock ‘N Soul Jam: Celebration of classic Rock, Soul, Blues and Swing music. June 8, Feed Store Amphitheater Park, Westcliffe.
30. Georgetown — Railroad Days: With train robbery re-enactment, family friendly events and more. June 1-2, June 8-9, Georgetown Loop Railroad, Georgetown.
31. Denver — Urban Market: Denver’s premier open air marketplace with live concert at noon. June 1, 8, 9 and 20, Skyline Park, Denver.
32. Fort Collins — Old Town Car Show: June 2, downtown, Fort Collins.
33. Boulder — Jewish Festival: Celebration of Jewish arts and culture. June 2, downtown Boulde.
34. Castle Rock — Subaru Elephant Rock Cycling Festival: Unofficial start to the Colorado cycling season. June 2, Castle Rock.
35. Boulder — Boulder Market: Boulder’s Premier Open Air Marketplace with more than 75 vendors, music and family fun. June 2 and 16, Central Park, Boulder;
36. Colorado Springs — Summer Music Festival: Chamber and Orchestra Music. June 2-22, Colorado College, Colorado Springs.
These are more exciting and unique things to do in Colorado. Check out our online events calendar to see everything going on around Colorado this summer and beyond.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More