It’s hard to run out of fun and adventurous things do in Colorado. From outdoor music jams to mountainside sipping to colorful balloon floats, there are a ton of can’t-miss events and festivals this weekend in Colorado. Here’s your weekend guide for things to do around Colorado, from August 9-11, 2019.
1. Beaver Creek — Beaver Creek Wine and Spirits Festival: Local culinary talent, exclusive wines and outdoor venues. Aug. 8-11, Beaver Creek.
2. Buena Vista — Contin-Tail Rock and Mineral Show: Aug. 8-11, Rodeo Grounds, Buena Vista.
3. Montrose — FUNC Fest: Water sports, food, beer, live music and more. Aug. 9-10, Water Sports Park, Montrose.
4. Telluride — Jazz Festival: Featuring Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Lettuce and more. Aug. 9-11, Telluride.
5. Silverton — Hardrockers Holidays: Celebrates Silverton’s mining heritage. Aug. 9-11, Silverton.
6. Wheat Ridge — Carnation Festival: Music, arts and craft show, fireworks and more. Aug. 9-11, Anderson Park, Wheat Ridge.
7. Fort Collins — Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest: Music festival. Aug. 9-11, downtown Fort Collins.
8. Copper Mountain — Guitar Town Festival: Guitar performances, workshops and repairs. Aug. 9-11, Copper Mountain.
9. Silverton — Great Western Rocky Mountain Brass Band Festival: Brass band concerts, featuring musicians from all over the country. Aug. 9-11, Silverton School Gym, Silverton.
10. Loveland — Sculpture in the Park: One of the largest outdoor juried exhibitions of artwork in the United States. Aug. 9-11, Benson Sculpture Garden, Loveland.
11. Carbondale — Compassion Fest: Film festival, fair and symposium. Aug. 9-11, Carbondale.
12. Fort Morgan — Philip K. Dick Festival: To commemorate this great American science fiction writer with lectures, movies, music and an art show. Aug. 9-11, Fort Morgan.
13. Littleton — Western Welcome Week Festival: Parades, arts & crafts, concessions. Aug. 9-18, Littleton.
14. Colorado Springs — Native American Indian Intertribal Powwow: Celebration of Native history and culture. Aug. 10, Norris-Penrose Event Center, Colorado Springs.
15. Denver — 258 Deaf Street Festival: Sign language culture festival. Aug. 10, Denver.
16. Walden — Sky’s the Limit Hot Air Balloon Festival: Balloon launch, food, and more. Aug. 10, Walden.
17. Centennial — Centennial Under the Stars: Concert and laser light show. Aug. 10, Centennial Center Park, Centennial.
18. Gould — Moose Fest: Speakers, workshops, family activities and more. Aug. 10, Gould.
19. Denver — Wanderlust Festival: An experience for your mind, body and soul. Aug. 10-11, Denver.
20. Frisco — Main Street to the Rockies Art Festival: More than 80 artists. Aug. 10-11, Main Street, Frisco.
21. Estes Park — Estes Park Wine Festival: More than 20 wineries, food and more. Aug. 10-11, Bond Park, Estes Park.
22. Ridgway — Ridgway Rendezvous Arts and Crafts Festival: Up to 140 vendors, food, music and more. Aug. 10-11, Hartwell Park, Ridgway.
23. Loveland — Art in the Park: Colorado’s longest running artisan festival. Aug. 10-11, North Lake Park, Loveland.
24. Buena Vista — Gold Rush Days: Celebrate mining history with vendors, food, music and beer garden. Aug. 10-11, Main Street and McPhelemy Park, Buena Vista.
25. Fairplay — Living History Days: Gunfighters, people dressed in period costume, tours of local buildings. Aug. 10-11, South Park City Museum, Fairplay.
26. Denver — Streetlow Magazine Colorado Super Show: Taking lowriding back to its roots. Aug. 11, National Western Complex, Denver.
27. Boulder — Boulder Market: Boulder’s Premier Open Air Marketplace with more than 75 vendors, music and family fun. Aug. 11 and 18, Central Park, Boulder.
Find more Colorado events here.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More