Here’s your guide to a spectacular weekend in Colorado, where a full slate of events await you. From apple bobbing in a mountain town to a tasty chili cook-off party to enormous soft pretzels with beer cheese at Oktoberfest, there are countless events and festivities to discover this fall. Here are some of our favorite things to do around Colorado this weekend, from September 6-8, 2019.
1. Estes Park — Longs Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival: There will be jousting, piping, a parade and more. Sept. 5-8, Estes Fairgrounds and Event Center, Estes Park.
2. New Castle — Burning Mountain Festival: Parade, music, vendors and more. Sept. 6-7, Burning Mountain Park, New Castle.
3. Breckenridge — Breckenridge Oktoberfest: German cuisine, games, polka dancing, brew vendors, and more. Sept. 6-7,
4. Colorado Springs — Briarfest: Rides, food, concerts and marketplace. Sept. 6-8, St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church, Colorado Springs.
5. Snowmass Village — Balloon Festival: One of the highest-altitude balloon events in the country. Sept. 6-8, Snowmass.
6. Fort Lupton — Trapper Days: Parades, food and more. Sept. 6-8, downtown, Fort Lupton.
7. Woodland Park — Cruise About the Clouds Car Show: Vintage, custom and classic cars and motorcycles. Sept. 7, Woodland Park.
8. Meeker — Jammin’ Lamb Festival: Lamb, music, culture and spirits. Sept. 7, Downtown Plaza, Meeker.
9. Buena Vista — Apple Fest: Apple bobbing, pie contests, tours and more. Sept. 7, Turner Farm, Buena Vista.
10. Centennial — Car Show and Concert: Classic and exotic cars, food trucks and music. Sept. 7, Centennial Center Park, Centennial.
11. Denver — Westwood Chile Fest: Celebrates Hispanic-centric cultures with focus on authentic food and the arts. Sept. 7, Morrison Road, Denver.
12. Crested Butte — Chili and Beer Fest: Locally made chili, craft beer and live music. Sept. 7, Crested Butte.
13. Snowmass Village — Septemberfest: Wine and food tastings, kids activities, vendors and more. Sept. 7, Base Village, Snowmass Village.
14. Louisville — Boulder Valley Wine Festival: Sept. 7, Community Park, Louisville.
15. Salida — Fiber Festival: Find everything you need to stay warm and fashionable this winter. Sept. 7-8, Riverside Park, Salida.
16. Castle Rock — Colorado Artfest: Juried fine arts show with artists from across the country. Sept. 7-8, Castle Rock.
17. Aurora — CherryArts Festival: national and local art, music and interactive art installations. Sept. 7-8, Stanley Marketpace, Aurora.
18. Silverton — Colorfest Quilt Show & Sale: Sept. 7-8, Silverton.
19. Loma — Desert’s Edge Triathlon Festival: A weekend with other triathletes and their fans. Sept. 7-8, Highline Lake State Park, Loma.
Find more Colorado events here.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More