If you’re looking for local fun and things to do around Colorado this weekend, we’ve got you covered. There’s plenty to get excited about this weekend. Rock out at a local music festival, explore the world woodcarving, or kick off your weekend with a foodie fest that’s sure to delight. Here are a few of favorite events happening in Colorado this weekend, May 17-19, 2019.
1. Hasty, Colorado — Bent on Birding & Heritage Festival: A weekend of bird watching. May 16-19, John Martin Reservoir State Park
2. Colorado Springs area — Pikes Peak Birding and Nature Festival: Promotes conservation and education to explore the area’s natural and agricultural heritage resources of the Pikes Peak Region. May 17-19, various locations, Colorado Springs area. Go online for ticket prices and registration.
3. Denver — Spread the Word Music Festival: With jam, funk, bluegrass, reggae, electronic, rock, and every kind of fusion in between. May 17-19, Denver.
4. Grand Junction — Downtown Music Festival: Main Street comes alive with music performed by local and national artists. May 17-19, Grand Junction.
5. Telluride — Literary Arts Festival: Performance poetry, literary burlesque, author events and children’s activities. May 17-19, Telluride.
6. Denver — Five Points Jazz Festival: Celebrates the history of Denver’s Five Points neighborhood. May 18, Denver.
7. Fort Carson — Living History Day: Re-enactment of the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. May 18, Kit Carson Field, outside Fort Carson gate 1, building 6013.
8. Colorado Springs — Pikes Peak Whittlers 36th Annual Woodcarving and Woodworking Show: More than 40 carvers and woodworkers. May 18-19, Colorado Springs Shrine Club, Colorado Springs.
9. Longmont — Strawberry Festival Antique and Collectibles Show: More than 80 dealers. May 18-19. Boulder County Fairgrounds, Longmont.
10. Loveland — Body Mind Spirit Expo: Explore within. May 18-19, The Ranch, Loveland.
11. Durango — Taste of Durango: Food, drinks and family fun. May 19, Main Avenue, Durango.
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More