Seeking family adventure this summer in Colorado Springs? Look no further. There are numerous hiking options for the whole family within roughly an hour’s drive of Colorado Springs. Lace up your hiking boots and get ready for an adventure filled with mountains, memories, and family fun.
1. Horsethief Park – Location: Horsethief Park Trailhead, CO-67, Divide, CO 80814
Find your next adventure at Horsethief Park. Enjoy a wide range of outdoor recreation activities include bicycling, picnicking, hiking, horseback riding, and camping.
2. Seven Bridges Trail – Location: North Cheyenne Canon Park, 3440 N Cheyenne Canyon Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
This peaceful hiking trail features 7 wooden bridges and is very popular among locals. A 3.7 round trip for those looking to step off the beaten path and reconnect with nature. Visit during non-peak hours to skip the crowds at the parking lot.
3. Red Rock Canyon Trail – Location: Red Rock Canyon Open Space, 3550 W High St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Red Rock Canyon is a popular outdoor escape for hiking, trail running, mountain biking, and rock climbing. Find this trail and a number of others to explore.
4. Palmer Lake Reservoir Trail – Location: Palmer Lake Loop, Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Enjoy the natural and serene setting along Palmer Lake Reservoir Trail. This 4.1-mile out and back trail is beautiful in the summer and is rated as moderate.
5. Rampart Reservoir Trail – Location: Rampart Reservoir Trail, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Experience the great outdoors at Rampart Reservoir Trail. This 13.2-mile out and back trail offers a number of outdoor activities including trail running, fishing, camping, snowshoeing, and mountain biking.
6. Seven Falls – Location: Park at The Broadmoor East lot (6 Lake Ave.), and take the free shuttle.
This stunning waterfall reaches a height of up to 181 feet tall and can be easily accessed by the 224 step-staircase adjacent to the falls – leading visitors to nearby hiking trails, glistening streams, and zipline excursions. You’ll need to buy a ticket to see this one.
7. North Cheyenne Columbine Trails – Location: North Cheyenne Canon Park, 3440 N Cheyenne Canyon Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Cure your wanderlust with one or more of the segments of the Columbine hiking trails at North Cheyenne Canyon. Soak in the mountain sunshine and take in the views along this beautiful hiking trail.
8. Manitou Park Lake Trail – Location: Manitou Park Lake, Woodland Park, CO 80863
This 2.4-mile loop brings visitors a unique and relaxing outdoor experience to locals and visitors alike. Enjoy plenty of scenic picnicking and fishing spots around the lake.
9. Rainbow Gulch Trail – Location: Rainbow Gulch Trail and Rampart Range Road, Colorado 80863
This 3.4-mile moderately trafficked out and back trail features beautiful scenery, wildflowers, and wildlife sightings. This is a great trail for all skill levels and abilities.
10. Helen Hunt Falls – Location: Helen Hunt Falls, Colorado
Take in the stunning views at Helen Hunt Falls – a popular kid-friendly hiking trail located within North Cheyenne Canon Park.
11. Catamount Falls – Location: 11195 Hondo Ave, Green Mountain Falls, CO 80819
This moderate 2.8-mile loop makes for a great afternoon escape. Located just 30 minutes from Colorado Springs, set out to explore this unique hiking trail.
12. Newlin Creek Trail in Fremont County – Location: Co Rd 15, Florence, CO 81226
What We Believe
We are driven by our deep respect for our environment, and our passionate commitment to sustainable tourism and conservation. We believe in the right for everyone - from all backgrounds and cultures - to enjoy our natural world, and we believe that we must all do so responsibly. Learn More